Understanding the VI Peel
The VI peel is a medium-depth chemical peel with multiple variations that is used to treat a number of conditions, including enhancing skin texture, reducing aging symptoms, and addressing pigment problems. These peels penetrate the epidermis, the topmost layer of the skin, exfoliates it, and triggers the production of proteins that helps with building up much stronger, firmer, and youthful skin. Skin concerns such as acne scarring, wrinkles, fine lines, acne, and hyperpigmentation, among other skin conditions, can be treated using the VI peel.
There are various types of VI peels that can be used to treat and manage different skin conditions regardless of your skin type. These peels are gentle and safe to use throughout the body, including the back, arms, chest, and face. VI peels we offer include:
- VI Peel Original
- VI Peel Advanced
- VI Peel Precision Plus
- VI Peel Purify
- VI Peel Purify Precision Plus
Cosmetic Benefits of the VI Peel
While it is almost impossible to halt the aging process, there are a number of treatments to address specific concerns as they arise, including chemical peels. We use VI peels because of their versatility, convenience, and proven results from our patients and clinical trials. The main benefits people enjoy after VI peels of various kinds are:
- Enhanced skin tone, clarity, and texture
- Reduced pigmentation, age spots, and freckles
- Fewer and less severe acne breakouts
- Reduced acne scarring
- Fewer wrinkles and fine lines
- Increased production of collagen for firmer younger-looking skin
Health Advantages of VI Peels’ Components
The overall chemical structure of the VI peels are similar but distinct. They are made up of various ingredients proven to treat and manage specific skin conditions that we experience over time. Some of these ingredients and their benefits include:
- Phenol: A potent chemical also called carbolic acid that exfoliates and tones the skin for a more even texture and color.
- Retinoic Acid: A derivative of Vitamin A, retinoic acid is known to help firm up and tighten skin to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Kojic Acid: – Kojic acid works to prevent the production of melanin, the cause of excess skin pigment.
- Hydroquinone: Brings about the skin lightening and brightening aspect by destroying some of the melanocytes – pigment-producing cells – in the area it’s applied to.
- Trichloroacetic Acid: TCA helps clear pores to reduce breakouts, as well as smooth out some degree of fine lines.
- Hydrocortisone: The anti-itch cream active ingredient has an important role to play in chemical peels, as it helps the skin heal from the acids and other ingredients while reducing inflammation.
- Salicylic Acid: An acne-specific ingredient that kills acne-causing bacteria, prevents inflammation, unclogs pores, and exfoliates the skin.
Get Started With VI Peels at Elite Aesthetics
Contact our offices today to get in touch with our practitioners like D’andra Lee, MSN, APRN, FNP-C. Set up a consultation appointment with us if you want to learn more about how a VI peel can benefit your skin. We will first talk about whether a VI peel is the right way to address your issues before getting you the treatment you want. You can reach us at 949-694-3537 or submit an online form to get things started.