If you’re considering dipping your toe into the world of dermal fillers and injectables, it can seem confusing to learn that there are a wide variety of options available. Although your best bet is to consult an experienced and knowledgeable injector to determine which filler is best for your goals, it can be helpful to have a quick guide to the most well-known options. Here’s what to know about the popular Juvederm brand and how each of their fillers can help.
What Is Juvederm?
Juvederm is a popular type of injectable dermal filler made with hyaluronic acid. Generally, Juvederm aims to replenish facial volume after it has naturally been lost due to skin aging and decreased collagen production. It’s used to correct various cosmetic concerns in the face and enhance your natural facial features.
There are many Juvederm filler options available to you that can address different cosmetic issues. Juvederm can be customized to your cosmetic goals by using different fillers of different formulations and thicknesses for your treatment areas.
What’s the Difference Between Juvederm Fillers?
- Juvederm Vollure XC is used to fill out moderate to severe wrinkles in the lower face. Nasolabial folds and other wrinkles around the mouth and chin can be smoothed away with this filler option. Injections can last up to 18 months and cause less pain and inflammation.
- Juvederm Volbella XC plumps and enhances the lips. It’s also used in the area around the mouth to smooth away smile lines. It includes lidocaine, a common anesthetic that can make the injection process more comfortable.
- Juvederm Voluma XC restores volume loss in the face from aging. This filler is specifically used to fill in hollow cheeks that might create a gaunt appearance. It can also be used to contour the cheekbones for better definition. This injectable’s results can last up to two years.
- Juvederm Ultra XC targets the lips to make them fuller. It can also target smile lines or smoker’s lines which are the vertical lines on the lips. These often deepen with age. You can enjoy the results of this filler for up to one year.
- Juvederm Ultra Plus XC provides the same effects as its counterpart, Juvederm Ultra XC, but gives it an extra oomph. If you need a significant change in the fullness of your lips, this is the injectable for you. It includes a denser filler that is injected more deeply into the skin and can address deeper folds and wrinkles around the mouth. Results last up to 18 months.
Who Is a Good Candidate for Juvederm?
Anyone in overall good health who has deep wrinkles or volume loss can benefit from Juvederm treatments. Since hyaluronic acid is naturally produced in the body, there is less risk of an allergic reaction or rejection of the filler. Your injector will discuss your health history and determine if Juvederm is right for you.
Schedule a Consultation
If you are in or near the Newport Beach, CA area and are interested in Juvederm, contact Elite Aesthetics and Wellness to schedule a consultation. We look forward to developing a customized treatment plan with you to target your specific needs and cosmetic goals.